CDC & EPA Guidelines for Essential Infrastructure Workers
CISA (the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency) has “developed an initial list of “Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers” to help State and local officials as they work to protect their communities while ensuring continuity of functions critical to public health and safety, as well as economic and national security.”
Included in their listing are “Workers such as plumbers, electricians, exterminators, and other service providers who provide services that are necessary to maintaining the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences.” Clean Green provides those sanitation services, making us an essential service provider.
Based on the recommendations implemented by the CDC and EPA, we are also taking the following steps to help reduce the potential spread of COVID-19:
- Equipment Disinfection: We’ve updated our cleaning and disinfection regimes for all equipment used in the cleaning process. Technicians are expected to fully disinfect their equipment after each appointment.
- Vehicle Touch-Point Disinfection: At the end of the day, technicians are also expected to disinfect any touch-points within their vehicles.
- Technician Protocols: Technicians are expected to maintain a 6-foot distance from customers, to not shake hands, to avoid touching things in the customer’s home unless necessary, to wash their hands at the start and end of every appointment, and to wear personal protective equipment.
- General Guidance: Technicians have also been advised to follow any additional guidance from the CDC and their local health departments. This includes avoiding touching their face, washing their hands for 20 seconds, etc.
Our technicians offer to apply our hospital-grade sanitizer for every customer.
Our hospital-grade sanitizer helps your residential or commercial space a healthier place to be. When our company is called out for the specific reason of eliminating germs from a home or office, our go to method is the use of an EPA approved disinfectant such as MediClean® or Sporicidin® as our prespray in combination with deep steam cleaning the carpet with our truck mount steam cleaning equipment.
Cleaning of visibly dirty surfaces followed by disinfection is a best practice measure for prevention of COVID-19 and other viral respiratory illnesses in households and community settings.” They also state “For soft (porous) surfaces such as carpeted floor, rugs, and drapes, remove visible contamination if present and clean with appropriate cleaners”. It is important to note there is currently no evidence that COVID-19 can be transmitted from soft surfaces like fabric or carpet to humans but it is certainly a good preventative measure to ensure any hard or soft surface be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized with a good disinfectant.
- Hard Surfaces, such as countertops, flooring & walls cleaned & sanitized.
- Have your upholstery such as sofas, sectionals, loveseats, chairs, ottomans cleaned
- Have each member of the household’s mattresses cleaned and sanitized
- Deep steam clean and sanitize your kitchen and bathroom surfaces.
- Have your HVAC air duct system cleaned, filter changed, and have the company fog the system with an EPA approved disinfectant using a (ULV) wet fogger.